Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Its All About the Details

Today I got on my first New Jersey Transit Bus. I rode it to the train station. I arrived at rehearsal 30 minutes later because Mr. Paul had to work with the Nalas. My mom bought me 2 books to read. The one I started reading is entitled, "The Tiger Rising". I could only read one page because I had to start singing. Today I did singing with Mr. Karl with a "K". He is the Music Director and he is very fun to work with. When I sang, I was missing some of my details. Details are accents on words, anticapations on words, and pitch. Once I learned them, I was singing like a pro. Then came the dancing. We did a run through of "I Just Can't Wait to be King". I did not have to do "The Morning Report" dance though. In acting, I did the Simba/Nala fight scene. She pushes me down and pins me, but I'm in control of falling and making it seem like she is really pushing me. There were specific details on how to fall and also details with my dancing. It's all about details. TTYL

Alphonso

1 comment:

  1. So I say to the students, I say......yes it's all about those details. Paying attention to details brings much success as you have learned in your singing, dancing and acting. You are truly getting life lessons way ahead of students your age. How wonderfully lucky for you! Stay with it, you are a star!

    ReplyDelete