Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm Flying! I'm Flying!

Today I did "The Stampede" scene. We ran through it and then it happened.....I was FLYING! Even though I only went straight up, it was still fun. The harness can't be too tight or you will get a really hard pull on your lower area. We also did "The Elephant Graveyard" scene. It was better then the last time because we remembered more of the staging and choreography. We did a better job at looking at the puppets and not the people. My favorite things in the scene are the hyenas. Their costumes are so creative. It consists of a body suit, a puppet, boots and fake hyenas legs. They are really cool. Then we did "Hakuna Matata". I got to meet Timon and Pumbaa. The actors' names are Danny and Ben. Today I noticed that even the adult actors make mistakes when they are singing too. The mistakes were mostly the notes on the harmonies. I made some mistakes too. In the beginning of that scene, I ride up on an elevator. I rode it today and it was so cool. I had to do it with my eyes open because it's kinda scary going up with my eyes close. Tomorrow is my "Put In", also known as my dress rehearsal, including hair and makeup. I am ready to go. I've got one week until opening night. Yes! TTYL

Alphonso

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Sounds like soooo much fun! The costumes, the singing and dancing, the choreography.....all must be very awesome. That feeling going straight up in the air has to be somewhat scary but of course your young yet. Best of luck on your "Put In", (dress rehearsal) tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you! XO

    ReplyDelete