Friday, October 2, 2009

Opening Night!

Today was my opening night. I had tons of energy and I think I really killed it! Everybody kept telling me to conserve my energy, but I just couldn't stay still. Then when I went out on the stage, I was fired up! When I did the Morning Report, my dance teacher Shonquay Washington, said that I was awesome. He even asked my to teach him some of the moves. He said that it was hot. I felt like I didn't mess up at all, but even if I did, I just kept on going. I did my very best during my performance. When I finished, Shannon and I had Chinese food again while we watched the movie "Clueless". Then I heard my cue for the bows (curtain call). When I ran out, the crowd went crazy! I was so excited. Then the lights came up and I saw all of the people..... sooooooooooooooo many people! OH MY GOD! The place was packed. I tried to see my relatives, but there were too many people and I couldn't find them. My fellow cast members were congratulating me all day and it felt so good! I took off my costume and makeup and headed outside. Then BANG! There was so many people outside to get autographs. I don't even know how many I signed. I stopped counting at about 30. Unbelievable! My family came to support me, but the best thing was that my Great Grandmother who is 94, was able to come. I think that she is my biggest fan and I'm so glad that she was there. Well, it's been a long day so I'm signing off! TTYL

Alphonso

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Awesome! Too cool! I am so glad that your Great Grandmother could be there for your opening night. I can only imagine all that she has seen in her very long lifetime...this must've been a crowning moment of glory for her. In my culture, we call it kvelling...that swell of pride when our children do well. Congratulations on your opening night!!! Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO PROUD!!! Alphonso, you're that little dude. :) I'm still so excited!! I had the opportunity to see lil' phonso grow up. And I even ended up on the same train while he was going to his debut. That's right, I got a picture with SIMBA!! :) The best is yet to come for. I can't say enough also about parenting... It's key!
    So proud of Kathy & Alphonso, Sr.!! Love you Guys! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a lucky young man to have so many members of your family come to celebrate opening night with you! You must have felt like a million bucks$$$$$$$ We are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete