Sunday, October 25, 2009

Giving Back Feels So Good

Yesterday, we had a huge Halloween party at the theatre. We invited the kids from Billy Elliott, Finian's Rainbow, and Mary Poppins. There were haunted houses in the womens and mens dressing room. They were partly scary. We could not get fully scared because there were too many babies there. Lots and lots of babies. But it still was fun. At the show that night, I did "Just Can't Wait to be King" without my ostrich and everybody said that I was great. After the show, Shereen and I took pictures with people who came to see the show. It was a fundraiser to help people with AIDS in Africa. I felt so good because I knew that I was helping somebody else with the money that was made from the pictures. Today, Mufasa was played by one of the understudies. He picked me up like an airplane. I wasn't expecting that, but it was so much fun. I took a picture with Rafiki today after my show. It was her turn to raise money. In case you are coming and want to take a picture with me in my costume, I take pictures after the 8:00pm show on Saturdays until December. Well, it's late so I'm gonna get some sleep. TTYL

Alphonso

PS. Thank you to the people who came to see me from my Dad's job today. Sorry I didn't get to meet you , but I hope that you enjoyed the show!

3 comments:

  1. Giving is the greatest feeling on earth. You actually get much more than you ever could give!! I am glad that you have learned this joy at such a young age.

    We just can't wait to see your show. As soon as you get your new dates, please post them so that we can plan our adventure. And yes, we definitely want pictures with you and it's even better that we can help our sick brothers in Africa with AIDS. Love Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry we didn't get to see you also because I wanted to tell you in person that you were fabulous!! I am thinking of going again and maybe I will get to see you then. GREAT JOB!! See you on Broadway!

    Karen Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post - mary poppins pictures ..Keep Posting


    Ron
    mary poppins pictures

    ReplyDelete