Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Compliments From the Cadillac

Today as we were going to catch the train, a car full of guys recognized me from the newspaper. They started beeping the horn and yelling out of the windows. They were saying things like, "Way to represent young man", "You go boy", "We're so proud of you" and "Keep up the good work". It was a little weird at first because I didn't know that they were talking to me. I started looking around for the person they were yelling at. Then I realized that it was me. I felt very honored. On the train ride, I did some homework. I tried to do as much as I could before I got to rehearsal. After rehearsal, I had an interview with the New York Times. The topic was kids who made their Broadway debuts. We did an audio recording and the interview will be on the NYTimes.com along with some pictures of me. When I got back to the theatre, I had some hot chocolate. It was so good! Then I did more homework. Afterwards, Shereen and I played cards. When my mom came to pick me up, I didn't want to leave because I was having so much fun. Tomorrow I'm on again so I'm gonna rest well tonight. TTYL

Alphonso

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning young man, It's nice being famous but the best part of being famous is that you are still the same Alphonso Jones I know---smiling, happy, smart, handsome and a great well-rounded kid. I'll check out the NYTimes tomorrow. You got home late tonight and didn't want to leave New York---glad you are having fun! Good luck tonight. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alphonso can you please post your schedule for The Lion King. I'm planning to come to the show and I want to make sure you will be performing when I purchase tickets.

    ReplyDelete