Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Are We There Yet

Yesterday, my dad and I went to see Mary Poppins on Broadway. I only got to see the Second Act because the train had a mishap. As we went into the tunnel, another train broke down in front of us. So we had to back up to Secaucas and switch trains. When we switched trains, the train that we switched to broke down too! The third train finally took off and got us to New York. By that time, the show was already an hour in. All of the good parts were in the Second Act. A guy walked on the walls and we saw Mary Poppins fly out. I thought that was really cool. Today I started a book called "Holes" by Louis Sachar. I read 58 pages so far. It's about a boy named Stanley Yelnats who is accused of stealing a famous baseball player's shoes. But what really happened is that the shoes fell from the freeway that he was walking under. His dad was an inventor and was trying to find a way to recycle old sneakers. Stanley thought it was a sign so he ran home. A cop saw him running with the shoes and arrested him. He was given a choice of going to jail or Camp Green Lake. He chose the camp. The camp was desert and he had to dig holes all day. The book is really good. Today was picture day at my school. I took a nice picture. I even picked out my own pose and background. At the theatre, I read most of the time. Today was a reading day. All that was missing was the rain and the hot chocolate. TTYL

Alphonso

No comments:

Post a Comment