Sunday, November 15, 2009

Action Packed Weekend

Friday was the 12th anniversary of The Lion King on Broadway. The producers and company management gifted us with a passport. It was so cool. I put my Mary Poppins tickets inside of it. They also gave us a card. I thought that was really nice of them. Niki was not here on that day. Emily filled in for her. She flew a jet here because she was in St. Louis helping choreograph her high school theatre group. She said it was an all expenses paid trip, going there and back. Guess what? I found out that I will be spending Christmas in New York. My Aunt Marion booked us a room for three nights in a hotel for a present. She paid for everything. This is one of the best presents I ever received.



Saturday we had our 1st Annual Cub Olympics. We have been working out all week to be put to the test. We will have one every Saturday until December 6th. December 6th will be the award ceremony. My teachers from my school came to see me perform and my mom came with them. They said they loved the show. I rode the bus back home with them. I was so excited and they were too. I took lots of pictures and I got lots of hugs.



Today my church came to see me. There were lots of them, 56 to be exact. They loved the show too. When I came out everyone said, "SIMBA!". When they were getting ready to leave, I went on the bus and said, "Thank you for coming to see me." The next trip they are taking is going to be in January. Between shows we had another Green Couch event. They did two singing acts and 1 skit. Niki, Shannon, Shereen, Marquis, and I did commercials. Niki and the girls did a commercial about how if something stinks, blame it on the boys. The second commercial we all did. We were advertising the Cub Olympics. So we all did slow motion workouts to the song "A Space Odyssey". It was so funny. This weekend was action packed. I fell asleep on the train. When we got home I was so tired that I put my jacket on inside out. Funny huh!

I'd like to take this moment to thank everyone who has come to see me perform. It really means alot to me that I have so much support. I'm glad that you loved my performance and I hope that I made you proud! TTYL


Alphonso

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alphonso: First I want to congratulate you on your role as "SIMBA". I am so proud of you. I am a real fan of your's reading your blog frequently. My name is Ms. Diane McCormick and I am very good friend of Evangelist Diaz from your church, Calvery Baptist. Also, one of my best friends, Ms.Barbara Murray teaches at your school, P.J. Hill. I have seen the Lion King a few years ago, however, since you are performing in it, I want to come and see a performance with you in it. If you would be so kind as to let your mother read this email, and ask her to let me know which shows you are performing in, I can make arrangements to come and see you. My preference is to come on a Saturday, but I would come whenever if fits my work schedule.

    Meantime Alphonso, keep us the great job you are doing, along with the entire cast. God has truly blessed you and I know you are appreciative of these blessings. I also pray God's blessings upon your two sisters and their endeavors and your mother and father for taking you all to the different engagements. Once again kudos to you and "break a leg".

    Sincerely,

    Ms. Diane McCormick

    P.S. Tell your mother my email is:
    diddie352@hotmail.com
    Also, if she wants to contact Evangelist Diaz concerning me she may. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.....AWESOME......I KNEW YOU WOULD BE GREAT AND YOU DID NOT LET US DOWN!!!!! There are no words to describe my feelings when I saw you in action. Knowing you and your family for such a long time has been a gift and to have had the opportunity to be part of your education is an honor. Your singing, acting, and dancing were unbelievable--I haven't stopped talking about it! Also, thank you for coming into our classroom on Monday for a mini-workshop. The students enjoyed hearing about the story and about all the behind the scenes operations. Sounds like you are quite busy when in NYC. You most definitely made everyone on that bus extremely proud. Looking forward to seeing you in action again when "PJ HILL Goes to New York City".

    P.S. Thanks for being such a sport about taking pictures. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alphonso!

    If you don't mind can you post information when your church or school returns to NYC to see your show. Thanks in Advance!

    ReplyDelete