Wednesday, December 23, 2009

God is Still Working Miracles

Today I had a very crazy morning. There was a power outage between Newark and New York. We had to get off the train at Newark, get on the Path to the World Trade Center, then take a #3 train back to Times Square. We just made it there by 5 minutes. We would have never did it without the help of a God sent stranger. He was very nice and showed us how to get to the subway from the World Trade Center and then to the theatre. When I went to the theatre, I went backstage and started getting dressed when I couldn't find my biker shorts. I went outside the room to see if they were hanging up but they weren't. I tried to go back in the room but the door was locked. I felt so embarrassed standing outside my room with no pants or shirt on. After a while, my dresser found me and helped me get back in the room. She also gave me my biker shorts. At second act, Niki and I made Christmas picture frames. They were great fun to make. My frame was really nice. Between shows my mom and I stayed in the lobby. I had so much energy that I was flipping and dancing around the whole time. By the time I went backstage for the second show, I was on the verge of a deep sleep. When the show started, I stayed in the control room with the operator Butch. He controls Pride Rock and all of the elevators on stage. It was so much fun watching everything happen. I even learned about a few of the buttons and cues. Today started frantic but ended wonderful. TTYL



Alphonso

PS. If you'd like to see my holiday interviews backstage at the Lion King, go to Broadway.com and look under videos. I have on a Santa hat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment