Monday, August 30, 2010

Good Bye Niki

Yesterday was a very hard day. My wrangler, Niki, is moving to Virginia and it was her last day. On Saturday, we had a big pot luck for her between shows. There were so many past Young Simbas and Young Nalas who came to say goodbye. The cubs did a skit and we also sang an original song. I dressed like a punk rocker and my mom gave me a red mohawk. It was loads of fun. During the second show, I gave Niki my special gift and she cried, cried, cried! Then yesterday, it was my turn. I cried, cried, cried. She is like my second mother and I will miss her so much. My mom picked me up then Niki called to ask if I could stay and I was glad she said yes. When the show was over, we were all crying including my mom and sisters. My dad turned his back so he wouldn't cry. We got our last hugs and left. Then I heard Niki yell out my name and I ran back to the theater and we hugged and cried again. Boy that was really hard for me. I'm glad I get to talk to her on the phone and hopefully, I'll get to visit her one day. It was so hard to say goodbye.......... I love you Niki
TTYL
Alphonso

3 comments:

  1. I love to read your blog because you are so honest with your feelings. I'm sure she loves you just as much as you love her. And it's ok to cry. I cried just reading it. I hope her replacement is really good because it seems like they have some mighty big shoes to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you beebee. Thanks for writing about our goodbye. I just couldn't let you go!... that's why I had to call you back for one last hug. And now I have it in writing that you're coming to visit me! It's on the internet... so it must be true. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete