Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Shannon

Yesterday was one of the hardest days in the young life of our son. He had to say farewell to one of his friends, Shannon Skye Tavarez. She and Alphonso performed together in his Broadway debut and he will always have that special connection with her. Her smile could brighten up the cloudiest of days and her talent was just incredible. We are praying for her family and hope that you will do the same. If you are 18 or older, please register to be a bone marrow donor. If you are a child, talk to your parents, aunts, uncles, teachers, or any adult about registering to become a donor. Help save someone's life. If you would like, please leave a comment as I will be giving them to Shannon's mother. And remember,
"JUST ONE SWAB WILL DO THE JOB".
Respectfully,
Kathy and Alphonso Jones, Sr.

3 comments:

  1. We send all our prayers and blessings to Shannon's family. And thank you for reminding us of the importance to register as bone marrow donors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Shannon's mother, father and the entire family and friends. I have continually prayed for Shannon and her family during her illness. Now that God has chosen to bring Shannon home to be with him, I continue to pray that God will give her parents and all of her family (including the Lion King family) the strength to carry on each and every day. Shannon is with the Lord where there is no more sickness, no more sorry, just peace, love, joy and continual happiness. The gifts God blessed her with on earth, will continue to be with her in heaven. Please find comfort in the Lord and know that Shannon is busy delighting those in heaven with all her God given talents. Trust in the Lord and do good and He (God) shall give you the desires of your heart. To Shannon's mother, family and friends. Believe in God and His son Jesus Christ and you Shall see Shannon again in heaven. I pray my words will help to bring comfort to your heart. Cast your cares upon God for He careth for you. He knows the hurt in your heart. Look to God for comfort and continual strength. I know you all have beautiful memories of Shannon. Those memories will also help to get you all through each and everyday. I did not know Shannon and did not see her perform in the Lion King, but just seeing her perform on some tapes on the internet showed me how talented she was. God bless you all and I will continue to pray for you all each time I think of you all and Shannon. Shannon is certainly a jewel in Heaven. God Bless you all.

    Sincerely,

    Diane E. McCormick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alphonso, sooooo very young to experience a loss like this. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Shannon. I know you know she's in a much better place with our Heavenly Father. No more pain and suffering is what she's experiencing.

    I've read your blog and I have to say, you are awesome. I'm sure your parents are very proud of you. I pray you have all the successes GOD wants for you. Just do everything to HIS Glory and don't lose sight of who gave you all the talents you possess. God is your due North. Don't lose sight of HIM. God bless you... Kathey

    ReplyDelete